Thank you for allowing us to host you in San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize!
Our staff at Nellie’s Property Management sends warm greetings to you & your party, we are here to make this experience a “hassle-free” transition by providing essential information during your stay.
As you may know, Health & Safety precautions have always been vital in the hospitality industry. For that reason, now more than ever, we are further enhancing these guidelines to meet the Belize Tourism Board’s new protocols that will protect both visitors and staff.
We look forward to serving and safely greeting back our valued post-COVID travelers.
Before Your Visit:
- Download the Belize Health App and complete the required information no more than 72-hours prior to boarding the flight to Belize. A QR code with a unique ID number will be returned to you and will be used for contact tracing while in Belize.
- We encourage you to take a Covid-19 PCR test within 72 hours of travel to Belize, as a negative result will allow for a ‘fast track’ arrival process.
On Arrival in Belize:
- You will disembark the plane – wearing a face mask – and proceed to health screening.
- If you brought along your negative COVID-19 PCR test, you will proceed to the ‘fast track’ lane for Immigration & Customs processing. Depending on your health screening, you may be randomly selected for secondary testing.
- If you were unable to bring the results of a PCR test, you must proceed to the testing area where you’ll be required to take a COVID-19 test. Testing is at the passengers’ expense and costs US$50.00.
- Proceed to Immigration and Customs and then exit the airport via the Safe Corridor using Gold Standard or certified air or ground transportation.
- Passengers with negative test results do not need to quarantine but a positive test result will require you to quarantine for 14 days at your expense. The Ministry of Health will provide clearance for you to leave quarantine.
During your Stay in Belize:
- While in-country facemasks are mandatory in all public spaces, and you’re advised to practice social distancing and proper hand hygiene, to protect yourself and others you come in contact with.
- The country has implemented a Tourism Safe Corridor for tourists. The Safe Corridor is comprised of Gold Standard hotels, tour operators, restaurants, gift shops, tourism sites, and certified car rentals and taxis, all of whom have implemented enhanced health and safety protocols.
- Should you wish to do so, you can arrange to rent a car at the international airport and drive yourself to the property; please do advise us if you require a hotel pick-up.
- While you will be able to traverse the safe corridor freely on your own, should you wish, the hotel can arrange guided tours for you with our approved Gold Standard Tour Operator. Please let us know what you’re interested in doing and seeing while in-country and we can arrange this for you.
- Please be advised that the Belize Tourism Board recommends that you choose only Gold Standard restaurants, gift shops, sites or attractions, that we know have implemented the necessary health and safety measures. A complete listing of Gold Standard entities can be found at https://www.travelbelize.org/health-safety
For more information on the destination’s new protocols and frequently asked questions, please visit https://www.travelbelize.org/health-safety.